Tags and filters
Search results3 item(s) found Sort by
Publishing date:August 20, 2010
The Concordiasi campaign set to begin on 2 September aims to enhance our understanding of the air masses over the ‘White Continent’ and improve satellite observations.
- Concordiasi (2) Apply Concordiasi filter
- Mac murdo (1) Apply Mac murdo filter
- Antarctic Remove Antarctic filter Antarctic
- Pole (1) Apply Pole filter
- South (1) Apply South filter
- Vorcore (1) Apply Vorcore filter
- Balloon (1) Apply Balloon filter
- Stratosphere (1) Apply Stratosphere filter
- Dropsonde (1) Apply Dropsonde filter
- Iasi (1) Apply Iasi filter
- METOP (1) Apply METOP filter
Publishing date:December 27, 2006
2007 marks the start of the 4th International Polar Year, officially launched yesterday at the Palais de la Découverte in Paris. The last polar year was in 1957, so this one will be the first to benefit from space technologies—an important new element for scientists in many fields.
Publishing date:November 23, 2010
In September and October 2010, 19 stratospheric balloons designed by CNES were released in the Antarctic Polar Vortex. The data gathered during the Concordiasi campaign are extremely promising.