Tags and filters
Search results3 item(s) found Sort by
Publishing date:January 15, 2014
The small robotic lander, which will be dropped onto comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko in November, was woken from its deep-space 'hibernation' today. This is a crucial milestone in the Rosetta mission, after wake-up of the orbiter in January. CNES is ready to receive the 1st science data from Philae.
- Rosetta (3) Apply Rosetta filter
- Philae (3) Apply Philae filter
- Hibernation (1) Apply Hibernation filter
- Jean-Yves Le Gall (1) Apply Jean-Yves Le Gall filter
- Philippe gaudon Remove Philippe gaudon filter Philippe gaudon
- Comete (1) Apply Comete filter
- Churyumov-Gerasimenko (2) Apply Churyumov-Gerasimenko filter
Publishing date:August 6, 2008
The European Rosetta probe is set to encounter a small asteroid called Steins on 5 September. This flyby—halfway to the probe’s ultimate target, comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko—will provide an opportunity to gather key information about a still poorly understood family of asteroids.
Publishing date:November 9, 2009
A few days from now, the European probe will make another Earth flyby and receive a gravitational assist towards its final destination, comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. The spacecraft will pass within 2,500 km of our planet.